Lower Limb Flexor Synergy Training in Chronic Stroke
To examine whether a specialized exercise program can improve leg function after a stroke
- Be over 21 years old
- Have had a stroke 6 to 36 months ago
- Have reduced lower limb motor function
- Be able to walk ~25 feet with or without an assistive device
- Current not participating in strength training or supervised physical therapy
- 2 evaluation sessions of motor function prior to training start
- An exercise program on a stationary bike for 4 weeks (2-3 times/week, ~30 min each time)
- 2 evaluation sessions of motor function after training completed
- Evaluations and training will take place in the Human Performance Lab of the Methodist Rehabilitation Center
Up to $120 for travel allowance and participation, free parking, and lunch ticket (if appropriate)
Call 601-364-3402 or 601-364-3567 or complete the form below.
Potential research subjects' privacy will be protected and the confidentiality of identifiable data will be maintained in accordance with applicable federal regulations and institutional policies. This study has been approved by the Institutional Review Board of MRC.